North Sydney Boys Study Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Forum for NSB's Class of 2010

2 posters

Creative Writing

Doug

Creative Writing Empty Creative Writing

Post  Doug Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:17 am

Hey guys,

I think Creative writing is potentially a tough section on the paper for a lot of people.

I know I'm having trouble finding ideas for Extension/Crime creatives, especially given that Extension can be quite specific.
    I know that some people prefer to sort of go with the flow on the day, but even if that's how you like to work I think it's still probably good to have a few ideas up your sleeve.

I just thought this might be a good sort of thing to brainstorm for both Advanced and Extension so that we have enough ideas.
    cbiwhite

Creative Writing Empty Re: Creative Writing

Post  cbiwhite Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:44 pm

I think it's good to have a variety of proto-stories set in a variety of times, with some changing features, such as a diary-entry one (as they can ask for that), first person stories, thid person stories, and possibly a vague outline for if they ask for a feature article or speech (which would really suck, I know).

Doug, your russian one was really good, I liked the idea of analysisng crime in terms of the opinion of the state (eg. state/artist battles in soviet rule), much like how they like the fluidity of truth and justice (as I'm sure you saw in Anil's Ghost).

Readers, going with the flow is well and good, but for the cohort's benefit, please have some ideas as you go in, just in case this one-off time it fails you.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 am